Diet is most paramount for gorgeous winter skin. During the summer we eat a lot of light foods including vegetables and fruits which contain water so we are more hydrated. During the cooler months, we feel a little more lethargic and it shows in our skin because we eat comfort foods that are hot and heavy.
Winter is a great time to change your skin care routine and double up on the moisture. Without your daily dose of Vitamin D it's important to find alternative ways to keep your skin happy and radiant.
Winter Skincare Tips: The Basics
- Change to a milder cleanser
- Avoid using harsh toners which can dry out your skin and cause irritation
- Switch to a heavier moisturizer during the cooler months
- For fall, it’s perfect to exfoliate more to unclogged trapped pores
- This is the BEST time to get a Deep Cleansing Facial or peel. It keeps your skin soft and clean and helps treat the skin damage which occurred during the summer.
- Less sunblock!
How to Combat Breakouts and Dry Skin:
- A Deep Cleansing facial would keep your skin in check! Get your pores cleaned regularly to reduce white heads black heads and acne!
- Drink plenty of water or coconut water to keep your skin hydrated. Apply moisturizer twice daily. Exfoliate your skin and increasing your fish oil intake will help as well.
Ildi's Favorite DIY Winter Beauty Mask
- 2/3 tbsp of Honey (heat in a pot to room temperature)
- 2/3 tbsp of plain organic yogurt
Spread a thin layer over your face, neck and decolletage. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Gentle dry your skin.
Check out more tips, tricks and must-have products at IldiPekar.com.